Farmer City Raceway Results: Matt Maier, Darrel Dick Among Feature Winners on June 24
Cullom native Torin Mettille needed help after slipping on the Farmer City Raceway dirt during his qualifying run. He ended up finishing the run and racing in the Late Models Division semi-feature.
FARMER CITY, Ill. -- Prior to June 24's races at the Farmer City Raceway, Matt Maier of Thomasboro had a bounty on him totaling $200.
If a Hornets Division opponent beat Maier in a feature race, he would get the $200. The money, however, shall be saved for at least another week.
Once again, Maier came away with the feature win.
Hornets Feature Results
1. Matt Maier, Thomasboro; 2. Brian Wilson, Colfax; 3. Chris Burton, Mansfield; 4. Jim Wilson, Towanda; 5. Ben Gernentz, Gifford; 6. David Lauritson, Normal; 7. Casey Gernentz, Gifford; 8. Larry Hawk, Champaign; 9. Dion Smith, Bloomington; 10. Bob Althouse, Bloomington; 11. Eric Wilson, Downs; 12. Christy Mash.
13. Jim Eads, Clinton (DNS)
On June 24, Farmer City Raceway had a kid's night.
So it was only fitting that Monticello's Darrel Dick held out a Minnie Mouse doll in celebration of his feature victory. The doll, he said via the public address system, was given to him by his granddaughter.
"This was for you," Darrel Dick said.
Meanwhile, Jim Quinn of Farmer City won the first heat in the Street Stock feature. He started the feature race in the No. 3 position, but finished fifth.
Street Stock Feature Results
1. Darrel Dick, Monticello; 2. Chris Dick, DeLand; 3. Travis Johnson, Ashland; 4. Steve Ewing, Decatur; 5. Jim Quinn, Farmer City; 6. Troy Dodson, Cerro Gordo; 7. Wayne Orrick, Bloomington; 8. Doug Berbaum, Monticello; 9. Darrel Lehigh, Fisher; 10. Greg Brewer, Bement; 11. Travis Thrasher, Clinton; 12. Rod Eichorn.
Maier was not the only one who continued his dominance on June 24.
For the fourth consecutive week, Buffalo native Jeff Leka won the feature in the Modifieds Division as he continues his quest for a 10th Farmer City Raceway points championship.
Modifieds Feature Results
1. Jeff Leka, Buffalo; 2. Josh Ferguson, Covington, Ind.; 3. Gary Turpin, Bloomington; 4. Dave Crawley, Decatur; 5. Roger Cary, Catlin; 6. Justin Delong, Bloomington; 7. Ryan Cary, Catlin; 8. Dane Tilstra, Onarga; 9. Brad Crosby, Decatur; 10. David Henderson, Danville; 11. Cody Bauman, Eureka; 12. Don Kiger, Tilton; 13. Rory Overmyer, Champaign; 14. Rick Hamilton, Decatur; 15. Steve Keenen, Philo; 16. Jeff Sandford, Gifford; 17. Bruce Malone.
Mike Glascock, a.k.a. Dirty 30 (that is his car's number), of LeRoy posted the fastest qualifying time (13.19) won the pole position by winning his respective heat.
However, Tonica's Scott Schmitt and Joe Harlan of El Paso overtook Glascock and found themselves in a tight race for the feature win. Schmitt beat out Harlan to the checkered flag.
Lexington native Jimmy Dehm won the semi-feature.
Late Models Feature Results
1. Scott Schmitt, Tonica; 2. Joe Harlan, El Paso; 3. Mike Glascock, LeRoy; 4. Derek Chandler, Pontiac; 5. Rusty Schlenk, Jackson, Mich.; 6. Roger Brickler, Springfield; 7. Jim Moon, Zionsville, Ind.; 8. Brian Diveley, Springfield; 9. Eric Smith, Bloomington; 10. Charlie Hess, Peoria; 11. Jimmy Dehm, Lexington; 12. Rich Bell, Sheffield; 13. Chris Dick, DeLand; 14. Gary Schalmo, Mokena; 15. Zach Bunning, Decatur.
Dave Crawley Jr. of Decatur won the Trophy Dash.
He also held the pole position at the start of the Sportsman Division feature. However, Thawville's Daniel Flessner took over the feature race from the start en route to taking the checkered flag.
Sportsman Feature Results
1. Daniel Flessner, Thawville; 2. Dave Crawley Jr., Decatur; 3. Shawn Diggs, LeRoy; 4. Darrel Dick, Monticello; 5. Dustin Mounce, Flanagan; 6. Donny Sublon, Fisher; 7. Jim Bailey, Hoopeston; 8. Richie Rich, Pontiac; 9. Dan Todd.